Year in Review - 2016

Hello Readers! I apologize for not posting sooner. My last post was months ago, and my only excuse is that life happened, and I've been giving a lot more attention to my book review blog and Instagram accounts.

So, here we are at the end of 2016. So many people are raging about how terrible this year has been and how anxious they are for it to be over. This year certainly has had it's ups and downs, but I think I have to say that, for the most part, 2016 has been a good year for me. Let me attempt to summarize the highlights:

January: Nothing very exciting happened that I can remember, just the usual recovering from the holidays, celebrating the elder nephew's birthday, figuring out new technology, etc.

February: My friend Kelly and I went into Montreal for the annual Je T'aime en Chocolat event and some shopping, and we stayed to see the chocolate fashion show at the end, which was a lot of fun!

March: I had some fun cake orders, we celebrated Easter...

April: My brother and I went to Montreal for a Walk Off the Earth concert. It was my first-ever concert, which is noteworthy enough on its own, but it was also Walk Off the Earth, one of my all-time fave bands! It was awesome!! We also celebrated my dad's and younger nephew's birthdays.

May: My brother and I went to the first food truck festival of the season in Montreal, we witnessed some particularly beautiful apple blossoms throughout the month, and we celebrated my brother's birthday.

June: We had a visit from Ontario family, celebrated Father's Day, celebrated mom's birthday... Went to a drive-in movie (Finding Dory) - another first for me!

July: Canada Day! Family get-together to celebrate 3 June birthdays and July 1st... We went to Knowlton (I did the Three Pines Friendly challenge in the village)... We took a week's vacation traveling to/from Ontario visiting family...

August: My 29th birthday, another food truck festival in Montreal, annual family rivalry for decorated cupcakes at Cookshire Fair (mine won)...

September: My brother and I drove to the Maritime provinces for the weekend - I spent it with my bestie in NB, he went to his friends' in PEI.

October: My parents and I took my nephews to Parc Safari, we celebrated my parents' 40th wedding anniversary, we experienced a beautiful autumn, had a fun Halloween party at the community centre. 

November: Packing Operation Christmas Child boxes, the first snowfall of the year, Christmas craft sale...

December: Baking, parties, decorating, gifts, CHRISTMAS!!


It really has been a great year. Bad things happen all the time; it's just a matter of looking for that silver lining, choosing to see and to celebrate the good in spite of the bad, and striving to do better (despite what may come) this next year.

And with that... Happy New Year <3


Comments

Popular Posts