The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Not really sure why I didn't end up posting this on the 25th, but I thought I'd better do that before moving on to talk of New Year. :)

...Ahh, Christmas. It's a beautiful time. We have some lovely fluffy white snow, everyone's healthy, God is good.

Yesterday my sister and her family came to have Christmas with us. I wanted to get my nephews fun stuff that they enjoy, but I want to share my love of reading with them as well. So I bought them games for their DS players, and Roald Dahl books. :) They seemed pretty happy with them. For the last few years I've tried to make handmade ornaments for them every Christmas. Up until now I made them both the same thing, but this year I decided to try to do something specific to them. My younger nephew, D, loves tractors and his favourite colour is orange, so that was a pretty easy decision - an orange tractor! I liked the way it turned out (I'm always pleased when I make up my own patterns/designs and they don't look completely retarded in the end). I had asked A way back in October, probably, what he wanted for an ornament, but he didn't know and gave me some generic answer so I'd leave him alone. But then a week or so ago my sister suggested I try to make Geronimo Stilton - a character from his favourite book series. I thought that was a pretty cool idea, so I gave it a shot. It didn't take me very long at all, but it felt like it took ages because I wanted it to look just right. I didn't think I liked it at the end, but then I left them on the tree for the kids to find, and A knew who it was right away and thought it was pretty cool and ran off to show everyone. So, talented Auntie wins again! ;) Only thing I was missing was his glasses, and that was an easy fix. :)

I did alright for Christmas gifts, too. The nephews gave me these sweet cupcake ornaments - they're so cool! Someday I'm going to have a white Christmas tree full of just cupcake ornaments. :) And I got 3 books that were on my wishlish, one I opened early and read in a day. *blush* Looking forward to getting into the others! And I got some money, which I'm using to buy a tablet! This is very exciting for me because I never get new gadgets. My brother always buys cool stuff before me. He had a discman before me, mp3 player, cell phone, car... This is mostly because I'm a tight pocket. So anyway, I'm pretty excited. I also bought myself a new laptop last week. I know, sounds like I'm rich, dropping all this cash. But I've been working for like 6 months and haven't really been spending it. I spent a LOT on Christmas gifts, and now I'm treating myself, too! My old laptop was just about dead. I intended to trade it in, but there was a miscommunication and so they ended up cleaning it up for me so it works a lot better. But it's still a really small, slow computer. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. I needed an update and something that would be a bit more useful to me when I go back to school in the fall. Not that I'll really be needing to do a ton of schoolwork in a Pastry course, but you know... good excuse... :)

Comments

Popular Posts